2013-2014 Save the Arts Campaign
The Dreyfoos School of the Arts is a tuition-free, donation-dependent, public magnet school. To fund the needs of our 9 art areas we rely on parents and the community-at-large.
Budget Projection - Donations are needed to maintain:
4 Art Area Teachers
10 Artists in Residence
Box Office Manager
Magnet Program Assistant
Media Center Assistant
Supplies for Classrooms and School Technology Enhancements
To maintain the high standard of education provided at this nationally recognized school funding for these positions and supplies is critical.
What is the Save the Arts Campaign?
Parents and community members initiated the Save the Arts Campaign 9 years ago to make up for state and local budget cuts that continue to threaten the art programs at Dreyfoos. Our goal for the 2013-2014 school year is to raise $670,000 for the Save the Arts Campaign to maintain the high quality programs that students and parents have come to respect at this nationally recognized school.
To meet this goal we are requesting families
donate $525 for each child they have enrolled.
Please know all gifts – Large and Small – will be needed to reach this goal.
Why Start Collecting So Early?
In order to proactively budget for the 2013-2014 school year,
the principal needs to know how much money
will be available for supplies and personnel.
But I Already Gave to my Child’s Art Area!
Donations to specific art areas only cover specific departmental needs
such asbasic art supplies, music, scripts, trips, etc.
All donations are tax deductible
and may be made in one payment or over time.
How Can You Help?
- Donate TODAY!100% participation of parents and students is the goal. Encourage family, friends and businesses to join our efforts! Any and all contributions are appreciated!
- Make a small monthly contribution to fit your budget. On average, $525 is needed for each student to meet the shortfall. A $52.50 per month contribution for 10 months may be more manageable in these economic times.
- Double your donation with employer matching gift programs. (FPL, Tyco, Bank of America, AT&T, Wachovia, Pratt Whitney, Merrill Lynch, etc.)
- Designate your United Way donations to benefit the School of the Arts Foundation and ask your friends and family to do the same.
- Please consider sponsoring one or more financially disadvantaged students.
School of the Arts Foundation, PO Box 552, West Palm Beach, FL 33402-0552
Phone: (561) 805-6298 Fax: (561) 805-6299